COOKING HOW-TO: STEAMED SALMON
We are excited to bring back a summer favorite, the Chinook salmon paired with our green goddess sauce. As we gear up for holiday eating, we wanted to give you a week of simple, healthy foods that help us feel good and reset.
This salmon recipe is easy and foolproof: steaming and preserving the salmon's nutrients and flavor without dulling it’s beautiful color; we guarantee you will enjoy cooking it as much as you’ll enjoy devouring it!
- Place two racks on the upper and lower third of your oven and set it to between 225-275.
- Place an empty frying pan or baking dish on the lower third and then carefully fill it with boiling water. This will create the steam to cook the salmon.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil on a sheet pan and place the salmon skin-side down.
- Season the fish with salt & pepper and place on the upper third rack.
- This should take about 10-12 minutes for singles’ portions and closer to 15-17 for couples. If you have a meat thermometer, insert it in the thickest part of the salmon steak, 110 degrees for rare, all the way up to 125 for medium. If you don’t, just cut into it and take a look!
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
For an additional step-by-step cooking tutorial, check out our video below for all the details!